Emil Wendel: Pranayama & Beyond 2014 Tokyo
6 Morning Pranayama/Meditation
October 20-25, 06:30-08:00
Pranayama & Guided Meditation: A Step-by-Step Approach
Insights Into Yoga Philosophy Evening Workshops
October 22 & 24, 19:00-21:00
Delve into exploration of interesting discussions surrounding yogic philosophy.
Yoga means Union, Right or Wrong?
October 22, 19:00-21:00
Intriguingly, union Is not the aim of classical yoga or buddhism. We must examine deeply to shed light on this question that concerns all yogins.
Emotions and Yoga
October 24, 19:00-21:00
What happens in the brain when we have unwanted or destructive emotions? Are yoga practices useful in such cases?
Yoga Philosophy 14 hours Intensive
October 18 10:30-13:00 & 14:00-16:00
October 19 10:30-13:00 & 14:00-16:30
October 26 11:00-13:00 & 14:00-16:30
Rare and wonderful opporunity to grasp an understanding of the ancient sources of Yoga, and Classical versus Modern Yoga. Highly recommended for all yoga practitioners regardless of experience, and extremely useful for yoga teachers.
Topics covered are:
- Dukha, Karma, and Moksha in the Yogic context
- The Vedic Lineage, Vedanta and the Upanishads
- The influence of Buddhist Analysis and Jaina Ethics
- Main Types of Yoga
- Samkhya and Classical Yoga
- Short Introduction to Tantra
- Discussion on Yoga and Religion
- The Limbs of Hatha Yoga: Shatkriya, physicality, seals and Pranayama
- Overview of Modern Yoga
- Introduction to, and Practice of, a Mudra Sequence