Chris Kummer: 20 Hour Yoga Anatomy Intensive
This three-day intensive provides an introduction to the anatomy of the human body for yoga teachers and other movement practitioners. The focus perspective on activity and action permits a development of functional understanding without requiring special prior knowledge or specific language. The intensive presentation format covers the major aspects of yoga practice in their functional relevant connections. For yoga teachers, this invaluable information boosts the understanding of poses, sequencing, modifications and teaching skills.
Topics covered include the following highlights and more:
- The ease of practice - We are individuals with our own expression
- Why is yoga-anatomy unique? The importance of becoming familiar with this type of anatomy when practicing or teaching yoga and movement
- Organs and digestion - finding a deeper health purpose in asana practice
- Skeletal system and soft tissues, how to build and maintain them
- Developing balance in the areas of strength / stability and stretch / flexibility
- Joints, what it takes to keep them flexible and stable
- Building a foundation through bandha and core strength work
- Finding depth in asana – layers of muscle engagement
- The technique of building strong foundations in your hands and wrists and shoulders
- Blood pressure adjustments in yoga practices
- Putting it all into perspective: Integration, depth and ease comes from working with the nervous system
No prior knowledge other than an interest in the moving body is required.
The intensive will be a lecture based, but bringing your own yoga mat is recommended, as there may be asana components to illustrate and experiment with the content.